Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WHO IS THIS NEW MAN IN MY LIFE ???



Today started out like normal   
a beautiful sunrise on the bay003
The sunrise, the waves, the gentle breeze from the sea…
006
The sunrise even reflects it’s glory against the MotherShip this morning!
Then I wake up and the nightmare begins!  Today is the day Chuck gets his hair cut! YIKES!  Now you gotta understand, when I first met Chuck in 2008, he had a crew cut!  I kinda told him that I really liked longer hair and that I thought he would look great with long hair! Well, he aimed to please and he never cut it again….  in 4 years!
008
Today was THE day!  Chuck waited until we got back to Florida just so Stacy could cut his hair. We have known Stacy quite awhile and trusted her skill with scissors!
009
011
013
015
All brushed, shampooed and ready for the scissors!
024
EEEEEK!  It was much more traumatic for me than it was for Chuck!
027
032
036
Chuck now has 14” of hair to be donated to Locks of Love!
http://www.locksoflove.org/faq.html
I have a new man!  He looks really good! Stacy did a wonderful job and I guess I will get used to the look because he looks really good! I just hope he doesn’t get a head cold now, with no hair to keep his head warm! Smile


007
Our new neighbor keeps an eye on us!
Well, thanks for meeting my new man and let us know what you think!
CHUCK AND GERI
Coming to you from the MotherShip. Geri, her new man Chuck, DoogieBowser and Radar!

25 comments:

  1. looks like he trimmed his beard too. Good lookin man you have there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beard is still lookin' like he belongs to the duck dynasty clan! LOL

      Delete
  2. Okay, Geri now it's your turn. Looks good there Chuck - gave Jim a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got 3" cut off while you were there, remember? I gave you her card! LOL!

      Delete
  3. He looks great and what a blessing to Locks of Love. Say 'Thank you' to him for me please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grin.... he does look good with short hair, just still a shocker to me!
      We will send it off tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily you're in Florida, so that should keep his head warm enough. And just pretend his hair is pulled back in a ponytail and don't look in the back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think he's look great! I like it! Wow... it's going to be so much easier to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does look good, all my panic was unnecessary! Thanks Sue, I like it too!

      Delete
  7. You sure found you a handsome new man. I won't tell Chuck. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaelyn! We will let this be "our" secret for a little while longer! Grin!

      Delete
  8. What's The difference between a Good Hair Cut and a bad Hair cut......4 years. LOL
    It looks good and of course his hair will go to a great use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good hair cut and it did go to a good cause. Chuck's mom died of breast cancer when he was still a kid. I have a cousin in NC now fighting breast cancer. Donating hair for wigs to cancer chemo patients is a good thing!

      Delete
  9. Remembering when I chopped mine off it was like a breath of fresh air...I bet the first shower shampooing his head was strange...it looks wonderful on him and what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He IS feeling a bit "light-headed" for sure! LOL!

      Delete
  10. Wow, he is a braver man than I ! Of course those days are gone for me, I don't have to worry about haircut's anymore ;) It might be good to wear a hoodie for a while. Great donation to a very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary! Welcome to the world of RV living! LOL does this mean you are hair challenged? You are right... a hoodie might help! Grin,,, the shock has worn off now and I do really like the haircut!

      Delete
  11. Had a similar experience many years ago when my husband, then boyfriend, cut off the beard that he had had for thirty years. He came up from behind, hugged me and had his bicycle helmet on. I screamed as there was nothing in the face that I recognized!
    Know that you will both enjoy the new do, once you get accustomed to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That would have been a shocker... to see a chin after 30 years of seeing only hair there! I have never seen Chuckm without a beard either! He is now in his Duck Dynasty stage of beard fantasies! LOL!

      Delete
  12. I feel like I know you and Chuck and the hounds from trying to get caught up on rvsue and the canine crew! I've been reading off and on for a week and am only in February 2012....btw-I'm a true reuben fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 years ago today, Sue and Crew was in our livingroom in T or C NM sharing Thanksgiving dinner! Today we are in Florida and I am making chili! No oven in the MotherShip!

      Delete

Leave us a message!!! We would love to hear from you!!!