Sunday, October 19, 2008

AZ day 2 and Navajo Tacos






Chuck and I woke up...... sunshine and a bit of a chill in the air...... felt wonderful! Sheilah and Chuck had chores to do in the garden and we didn't want to be in their way, so we decided to head up to Prescott! WOW, lots of changes to Prescott since I was there 20+ years ago! All grown up with chain restaurants, 2 Walmarts, Home Depot and Lowes across the road from each other........ new roads, dozens of housing developments everywhere........ GROWTH! But downtown was still wonderful! Chuck found a new shirt and a pair of boots and I found a bead shop! GRIN! We had one of the best Mexican meals ever in this little hole in the wall restaurants right across from the courthouse. Really good. We didn't eat much, because I had asked Sheilah to make some Navajo Fry bread....... I hadn't had any in 17 years and my mouth was watering for some! So the photographs are of Sheilah making fry bread for us, then to make it better, you add beans, meat, lettuce and tomato and you have a Navajo taco to die for! YUM! I'll have to post the other photos on next page.....!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!!! We would love to hear from you!!!